Senryokugai Sousakan (Review)



HIYA! I just finished Senryokugai Sousakan like 5 minutes ago and I decided to write a review thingy on it! I have to say that this whole drama was actually pretty entertaining but that's probably all. Obviously I watched it because Takei Emi is in it. And I'm also really happy I found out about TAKAHIRO from this drama because he's super super cute!

Click here for the DramaWiki page and here for the AsianWiki page :) 

Click here to watch the drama at Gooddrama.net 


Synopsis
  • Umizuki Chinami is one of the elite team members of the police force. When an elite is assigned to an investigation team, he/she always inconveniences his/her fellow investigators. When Chinami is assigned to the First Division's 18th Team, Shitara Kyosuke is tasked with partnering her in his investigations. 

Cast & Characters


Takei Emi plays Umizuki Chinami. I know it's getting old but Takei Emi is seriously my all time bias. It's been like so long and she's still my utmost favourite actress! Anyways, I really like her character here. Chinami is an elite team member: a grade 1 civil servant. I'm not too knowledgeable about the police force in Japan and all the rankings and stuff but I think elite members are the ones who go on to become deputy heads and chief police and captains and stuff like that. Okay I'm really not knowledgeable. Anyways, she's a quirky character who somehow manages to solve difficult crimes due to her different perspective in thinking. She's one of those people that seem dim on the outside but is actually very smart. I'm still waiting for another drama where her hair is down but I guess it's not happening anytime soon. I'm not super keen on her hairdo but I think she looks amazing in glasses :D Anyhow, I think Emi did good in portraying the quirks of Chinami.


TAKAHIRO of EXILE plays Shitara Kyosuke. (I'm gonna stop using caps. But srsly, that's how you have to write his name, like thats how everyone writes his name) This is Takahiro's first time acting and I think he did pretty good! I also think that everyone needs to take a second and appreciate his perfect dimples. His smile is just so perfect I DIE. So his character, Kyosuke, is Chinami's partner and he's responsible for keeping Chinami from the front lines. Obviously, he fails because Chinami is just so mischievous. He has a black belt in karate and is level eight in calligraphy. He lives with his karate instructor who always gives him these weird quotes. He's just the cutest thing ever. 


Thoughts & Feelings

When I first started out this drama, I was absolutely horrified. The colouring was horrible, the actors seemed incompetent and the storyline and police cases were just plain boring. But as I kept on watching, the weird and ridiculously funny humour just blew away all those negative aspects and made the drama very entertaining to watch. I seriously love all the running gags of this drama like the riddle solving and the horrible music when Shitara talks to his karate instructor. Anyhow, if you're looking for a technically lacking but ridiculously funny drama, then this is for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment