Jishaku Otoko SP (Review)



Last week, I watched a new drama SP called Jishaku Otoko starring Mukai Osamu and Aibu Saki. The title translates into Magnet Man and you'll see just why when you read the plotline. I watched it with Chinese subs and I don't think the english subs are out yet so I think you'll have to wait quite a bit. I watched it obviously for the main actors, but I was pretty surprised with the nice storyline. It's a lighthearted and comedic SP that has a touch of romance. For the summer season, I think it was the perfect SP! 

Note: I apologize for the lack of good quality pictures. I tried to take screen caps of the SP, but the quality was horrible. It was also impossible to find pictures online. So yeah. Sorry about that!

Synopsis
There is a rumor about a power spot for people seeking marriage. "The human race can be divided into two types, N(North) and S(South). Just like a magnet, when two people are from the opposing type, they will be attracted to each other." says Oba Sousuke, the owner of Oba Farm and known as the God of matchmaking. Sousuke is an eccentric scientist that is crazy about vegetables. He is very observant and can immediately see through a person's facade to point out their true characters. He has a straightforward tongue and doesn't think twice about hurting feelings with his sharp stinging words. Kohinata Shion is an attractive and level-headed girl in her 30's, but has no marriage prospects or boyfriend. One day, Shion is headhunted by Himuro Kotaro, her senpai from university who is now the CEO of a 2 billion dollar company. In order to impress him, Shion must work at Oba Farm in order to strike a deal with the genius matchmaker. But what awaits her is Sousuke's sharp tongue.

Cast & Characters


Mukai Osamu plays Oba Sousuke. As you can see in the plotline above, his character is very weird and has a very sharp tongue. He is not afraid to speak the truth and will completely rip a person apart to point out their true character. It's pretty typical for a lead character to have his/her own quirk, and this one made Mukai's character really interesting to watch. I've only watched a few other works from Mukai and I'm glad to add this SP to the list. He is handsome as always, which is why it was very weird for me to watch him play a farmer in the beginning because he is usually very well groomed. There was one scene where he had to wear a suit and my eyes were just so enjoying the show. After this SP, I full on searched for dramas to watch with him in it and as a result, I watched Hungry! It's a very good drama as well and I'm probably going to do a review on it soon. As for Mukai, he's just amazing and a feast for my eyes. 


Aibu Saki plays Kohinata Shion. Shion is such an entertaining character to watch because she's cleary a city girl, but still has to do farmwork in order to impress her senpai. Aibu Saki still remains as one of my favourite actresses and I really do hope that she gets more lead roles soon. She's been stuck playing second fiddle with Zettai Kareshi being the only drama I watched where she was the lead. Her bitchier roles are done well, but I much prefer her nicer, down-to-Earth roles. Nonetheless, her acting abilities are good and evident through all her years of experience. 


Kaname Jun plays Himuro Kotaro. I really like Kaname Jun, despite him also only getting supporting roles. He actually only gets very small roles these days, but I still enjoy watching him. He's also super handsome so I do wish that he's in more lead roles. His character is actually super nice and cute. He is a typical second male lead who is hard to hate.


Thoughts & Feelings 

If you're looking for a super well-written, deep, and meaningful SP, then this is totally not the one for you. On the other hand, this SP will make you feel good and make you laugh with its funny characters and quirks. One thing that made me laugh so bad was the fact that Shion was only able to stay at Oba Farm because Sousuke's beloved cow liked her. Also, it's kinda funny and cute that Sousuke always calls Shion's name wrong. He calls her Onshi lol. 

The matchmaking element of this SP is also pretty interesting to watch. It's nice to see Sousuke who's always pairing others up to finally realize his own feelings for someone. I think that Aibu Saki and Mukai Osamu make a very cute pair and they definitely have great chemistry! I hope that they can do a full on drama together in the future. 

Overall, this SP was just the thing I needed for the beginning of summer. It's entertaining and leaves a great feeling in you after watching it :D


Links

If you can understand Chinese, then watch it with subs here

No comments:

Post a Comment